The book shelves I talked about here are finally done, it makes the room look so much better.
The laundry room has been moved, it's now it the room once known as the mud room. We just moved everything over, but I built the hanger rod with shelf and the shelf at the bottom with the cat food under it. We left the hooks on the other wall, but once again I added a shelf and additional hangers for hats.
Here's the finished room:
Here's the room before:
And here's the old laundry room:
It was also our pantry and junk storage room, wish I would have clean up a little before this pic.
So moving the laundry room was just the beginning of our other project, the new dining room. Let me back up just a little bit. When we bought our house 3 years ago, it was 3 bedrooms with an office, dining room, and breakfast nook. The office is now Nathan's bedroom, I added a door to the dining room and it's now Baylee's room. So we've been squeezing into the breakfast nook, which wouldn't have worked in the long run, as it was tiny!
Sooo back to the new dining room. Here it is. We had to put in a new floor because we couldn't find brick to match, and as you can see I'm still working on re-upholstering the chairs. But I now have a pantry, no more going into the laundry room to find the canned goods!
Updated pic
The old breakfast nook, the old laundry room was behind that wall.
I'm so glad to be done with this project, it was a lot of work. I still have a pretty long list of things I want to do, but we went way over budget on this project so they will just have to wait.

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment