Friday, March 23, 2012

The Loft Bed Build

I'm so excited about this loft bed I designed for my nephews.  My sister needed a custom bed to fit in her boys room because of the built-in "shelf" (you can see in the pics below what I'm talking about).  She decided loft beds would be best and just happen to fit perfectly in an L shape.  The beds are secured into the wall on two sides each and then have a total of three legs supporting the outer sides. I designed the whole thing using google sketch-up.  We spent 3 full days working on it, the longest part was sanding and painting, which Staci did a lot while I wasn't there.  The color was chosen to match the furniture already in the room.  Alivia calls it a playhouse bed and wants one of her own!  And Elijah was a little disappointed it wasn't a bunk bed with a bottom bed.
Here's some before, during and after pics.

The design pic:

The Before pictures:

During:


Finished!:






No comments: