Thursday, September 8, 2011

DC & PSU trip

Matt and I were able to take a little vacation, just the two of us. We are lucky enough to have Matt's parents stay at our house and watch the kids while we were gone.  We flew into Washington DC and spent the first day sight seeing.  We toured the Capitol Building, the Library of Congress, the National Archives, the National Museum of American History, and the Thomas Jefferson Memorial.  We've seen much of DC before, when we lived on the East Coast, but there is always something more to see. Instead of trying to walk the two miles stretch, we decided it would be easier (and more fun) to rent bikes.  DC has these ride share bikes, you can pick up a bike at any of the ride share locations, and drop it off at one of the dozen other locations along your route.  I thought it was fun riding bikes through DC, but a little scary riding with traffic. I think the last time I rode a bike I was in grade school.








The next day we headed up to State College, PA for the first Penn State game of the season.  We drove up with a couple friends we knew from the school days and then met up with a couple other friends. It was so much fun hanging out with everyone.  It was crazy hot that day watching the game. But we were able to cool off at our favorite sports bar, Champs!  Good times with great friends!




The next day we decided to explore Great Falls Park, we met up with some friends we knew from Matt's work.  Another crazy hot day! We did a little hike up to see the falls, then down to the river where Matt went for a swim.  Again it was great catching up with old friends while exploring new things.



No comments: