I have high hopes for Nathan this year. He has been a 5th grader for about a month now and although it has been a rocky start I think we are going to have a much smoother, calmer year. First of all, I like what I know about his new teacher. She made it clear at back to school night that she realizes the strain too much homework puts on the whole family. Yay! That was the biggest problem last year. Nathan would bring home hours worth of homework every night, sometimes even weekends. I even got to the point where after we worked for two hours we quit and he would just have to have missing assignments. But even that didn't work because kids who didn't finish at home had to stay in at recess to finish. Nathan barely had time to have fun with his friends. So far this year he has been able to finish all his homework within 30-60 minutes. No complaining, no fighting!
I am also very excited that Nathan has found a great friend from class who also lives right up the street from us. They play together after school almost everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment